Genre: Particle Physics Simulator
Sub-Genres: Visual, Particle, Physics, Simulator
Locomotion Types: Room-Scale
A colorful fluid simulation to play with in VR.
Chroma Lab is based around a high performance, custom particle physics engine that utilises the vast computing power of modern GPUs to calculate billions of individual forces per second between the particles, necessary for them to interact with each other and behave like a fluid.
There is a variety of tools to interact with the particles as well as a well featured options menu that allows you to customise the visuals, physics and save/load scenes.
- Beautiful, psychedelic visuals
- Particles react to background music (any external music player is compatible, may not work with Bluetooth headphones)
- Tools to pick up, hit, pull, explode, shoot and paint the particles
- Placeable force spheres which can also teleport the particles between one another
- Save and load the particles and settings, included are a few presets to get started with
- Adjustable physics settings to change how the particles behave
- Multiple different particle shaders, color pallets and other graphics settings to choose from
- Throw blobs into orbit and create black holes
- Optional gravity and "lava lamp" modes
- Freeze the simulation or slow time to a crawl
- Great as first experience for people new to VR - intuitive controls and presets can be chosen outside of VR
- MixCast support for easy, high quality mixed reality
- Native Oculus SDK support for Rift and Touch users
- Number of particles can be automatically determined based on computer speed or manually adjusted
- Scale and bounding walls can be adjusted allowing Chroma Lab to be played from sitting to room scale